PLASTIC FREE MASCARA
- 1/4 tsp Activated Charcoal
- 1/8 tsp Triphala
- 1/8 tsp Bentonite Clay
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Beeswax grated (if hotter climate 1 tsp)
- clean mascara container & wand, or small jar or container
- Using a double boil set up (fill pot 1/4 full with water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer & fit a bowl into the pot. The bottom of the bowl should not reach the water.) add beeswax and coconut oil to begin melting.
- Once melted, add powders.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour into small tin or glass jar.
- Use clean mascara wand to apply.
I often add aloe vera as well, but fresh aloe can make it clumpy. Stir and swirl and then remove the clumps of aloe to keep your mascara smooth and homogeneous.
This can be REALLY messy. Beeswax sticks to EVERYTHING and hardens. Charcoal goes EVERYWHERE. Put newspaper down and clean up constantly as you work. If you can, designate a bowl/spoon/pot to working with your beeswax recipes, so you don't ruin your fav kitchenware.
Since you have these specific ingredients out, TREAT YO'SELF to a face mask! Pamper yourself throughout your sustainable witch craft session. Try a coconut oil hair mask. Wash your face with warm water. Start with a detoxifying, anti-inflammatory bentonite clay mask. Just mix warm water & clay. (Stir with a wooden spoon or stick, metal spoons deactivate the clay’s magical powers.) Let harden and keep on your face for 10-15 minutes. Wash, let breathe for a few minutes. Then follow with a coconut oil (optional to add raw local honey).
It is so important to take solo time. A night to myself to drink tea, listen to podcasts, and concoct a plastic free product is a dreamy solo date. And now I don’t have to buy shitty mascara full of chemicals packaged in a plastic tube that will never biodegrade. YAY!
You can remove this mascara from your eyes with olive oil or coconut oil.
GOOD LUCK! and COMMENT how the recipe went for you!