PLASTIC FREE RAW VEGAN SNICKERS BARS RECIPE
It is devastating to crave such treats as Snickers or other goodies wrapped in non-biodegradable plastic that could choke out sea creatures repeatedly for centuries.
Fortunately, the internet prevails! Offering heaps of recipes for experimentation to create delicious alternatives to the nostalgic sweet. Above and beyond, this particular alternative is 100 times better for us, since it is all plant-based and practically raw. It doesn't take too long to whip up, nor will it last long in your house. ;)
- 2cups almond meal (blend almonds & make milk! dry out, & use the leftover meal for treats)
- 2tbsp organic coconut oil (buy coco oil in reusable glass jar with metal screw lid)
- 3tbsp organic maple syrup (or honey if you're not vegan)
- 2tbsp 100% natural peanut butter paste (blend your own peanuts, or buy peanut butter in a reusable glass jar, with metal screw top lid)
- 1tsp ground vanilla bean or extract (buy in bulk!)
- pinch Himalayan salt (buy bulk!)
GOOEY PEANUT CARAMEL
- 2cups nature's candy aka medjool dates (CAN ADD MORE DATES if want extra caramel filling. remove pits, optional: strain dates through boiling water first to create softness. )
- 1/4cup coconut oil
- 2tbsp 100% natural peanut butter paste
- 1tsp Himalayan salt
- 1/2cup peanuts (if not fazed by "raw," roast peanuts on stove top til golden brown! they contribute to the caramel taste & are easier to digest, thus we absorb all protein & fat benefits)
- 3/4cup raw cacao butter nibs
- 1/4cup raw, extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4cup raw cacao powder
- OPTIONAL: 2-4tbsp organic maple syrup (or honey if not vegan, but stir in after stove is off, to allow minimal time on heat)
- roasted peanuts
- Blend all ingredients in food processor or blender until a biscuit dough.
- In a square or rectangular (approximately 23cm) pop out cake tin or silicon mould, press biscuit dough evenly onto the base.
- Place in freezer.
GOOEY PEANUT CARAMEL
- Place all ingredients apart from the PEANUTS into a high speed food processor or blender, and blend until a sticky caramel consistency.
- For extra caramel-y flavour, roast peanuts on the stove until golden brown (This step can be skipped to keep it raw).
- Scoop and evenly spread over the top of the CREAMY NOUGAT.
- Place back in freezer for at least 4 hours or until set.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl & whisk a runny chocolate consistency.
- Take NOUGAT - CARAMEL out of freezer. EITHER drizzle over the top to create a slice, or extract solid block from container & cut into strips or 2-bite-sized chunks.
- Place 4-5 strips or chunks onto a separate plate and replace the remaining chunks in the container with small strips of space between all bars.
- Drizzle melty chocolate over the top, let it seep in between each bar!
- OPTIONAL: Top with crushed roasted peanuts.
- Place in freezer to harden. When ready to enjoy, cut with sharp knife between each bar. (Store in Freezer)
(Inspired by a recipe I found from liveloveeatraw.com/raw-vegan-snickers-slice)
**If you would like to make this 100% raw use raw peanuts, instead of roasted.