A blissful week spent at sea with whales.
The whales are migrating south with their freshly born calves. Come along to interact non-invasively and connect with the gorgeous new families. Experience ocean adventure, meditation, Ayurvedic vegan meals, yoga, discussions, workshops, sisterhood, and deep connection to nature.
LOVE THE WHALES MERMAID RETREAT
25 August - 1 September, 2018
Not your average retreat! This is a unique adventure holiday ideal for ocean loving mermaids keen for yoga, meditation, and a unique experience exploring the vibrant waters of Hervey Bay and interacting with beautiful giants of the oceans. Witnessing the humpbacks on their natural migration with their new calves swimming the waters for the first time. The very special chance to get in the water with the whales, if conditions align!
Whales are washing up on beaches with bellies full of plastic trash. In response to this, we will have a conservation action each day such as a beach clean, DIY workshop, environmental activism discussion & workshop, purpose & passion workshop to help empower each guest to walk their path & use their voice.
Throughout the week, we will prepare something to present to the world (our combined networks). It could be a piece of art, a song, a social media campaign. We won't know, until we co-create it!
(Itinerary Completely Subject to change as we follow our bliss & wander the water with the whales. This is just a smattering of options!)
Day 1 - Saturday
- AFTERNOON • Transportation from Airport • Get settled on yacht
- EVENING • Sunset Yoga • Dinner • Acknowledgement of Traditional Owners, Introductions, and Intention Setting
Day 2 - Sunday
- MORNING • Sunrise Vinyasa Yoga • Meditation • Breakfast • Whales & Ocean Adventure (Sailing, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Snorkeling)
- MIDDAY • Lunch
- EVENING • Dinner • Plastics Discussion • Plastic Free Travel Workshop : Toothpaste, Deodorant, Shampoo & Conditioner • FULL MOON GODDESS CIRCLE
Day 3 - Monday
- MORNING • Meditation • Yoga/Swim • Breakfast • Whales & Ocean Adventure
- MIDDAY • Picnic Lunch on the beach • Beach Clean, Separation of plastics & Data Input with Tangaroa Blue, & Submit data to Tangaroa Blue
- EVENING • Dinner • Gratitude Meditation for the Whales
Day 4 - Tuesday
- MORNING • Yoga • Meditation • Breakfast • Whales & Ocean Adventure
- MIDDAY • Lunch • Environmental Activism & Empowerment Workshop
- EVENING • Dinner • Creative Campaign Brainstorming & Creation Session • Manifestation Meditation / Star Gazing
Day 5 - Wednesday
- MORNING • Yoga • Meditation • Breakfast • Whales & Ocean Adventure
- MIDDAY • Lunch • Hike
- EVENING • Dinner Out • Star Gazing Night Swim
Day 6 - Thursday
- MORNING • Yoga Meditation • Breakfast
- MIDDAY • Lunch • Passion, Purpose, Voice Workshop • Plastic Free Vegan Dinner Party Workshop
- EVENING • Closing Ceremony, Big Ideas, & Intention Setting • Plastic Free Dinner Party
Day 7 - Friday
- MORNING • Yoga • Meditation • Breakfast • Photo highlights • Activism Action Points
- MIDDAY • Goodbyes! • Lifts to the Airport.
You only live once.
You may as well be a mermaid.
Please enquire below or email email@example.com or call/text 0411 893 543.
Pricing in Tiers.
Due to limited spots, I incentivise early booking by making a cheaper option available for first come first served. Once all the spots in that first tier sell out, pricing gets pushed to the next tier.
What do the Tiers mean? Payment can happen in a number of ways. You can get the best price by paying in full ASAP. Once the limited "Early Mermaid" tiered pricing sells out, then the retreat goes to full price.
You can secure your spot with the deposit. This deposit holds your place on the boat, but does not guarantee what tiered pricing will remain when you are ready to pay the remaining amount and you will be required to meet that price.
PAYMENT PLANS AVAILABLE: I don't want to exclude anyone, so if you would struggle to pay up front, please get in touch with a proposed payment plan for me to consider. I am so open to working with you to make this happen for you.
Our accommodation will be a catamaran with 4 cabins, meaning shared queen beds. If you have a preference for your bunk mate, please specify, so that I can arrange both of you together. All meals will be vegan (and delicious). Please get in touch ASAP with specific dietary requests, concerns, & questions! We can assist with transportation pick up in the afternoon on Saturday 25 August and drop offs on Saturday 1 September after lunch. You are more than welcome to drive yourself to Hervey Bay and I can advise on safe, free parking.
I take all steps to ensure your safety, however boating and ocean adventure activities do have risks. I do not control the weather, though will work with it to bring you the best possible experience each day. It is recommend you have private travel insurance for any unforeseen circumstances. This also means the itinerary is subject to change on a daily if not hourly basis, and of course marine life interaction is never guaranteed, as we are playing in the wild sea and choose to support non-invasiveness tourism. I appreciate your flexibility as we adjust the schedule to ensure all activities fit.
You are encouraged to bring your own snorkel gear and wetsuit if you know it fits & does the job. Definitely bring your own yoga mat and towels.
Get in touch if you have any questions about what to bring and do let us know if you have your own snorkel mask, fins, and/or jars you would like to bring for our plastic free workshop, so we can account for what to have available.
Prepare to be salty, sandy, sweaty, & stunned by the magic of the Hervey Bay Whale Migration!
Where is the location? Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia.
Note: Due to the limited number of spots on this boat and the high demand of women wanting to attend, please get in touch ASAP if this calls to you. I don't want anyone to miss out, but it's inevitable if you do not secure your spot with the deposit or pay in full!
We love men, but this is for Women Only. Must be at least 18.
Who are the facilitators?
Kate's golden edge is to integrate fluid mermaid magic in with the environmental movement, reinventing conservation and aiding the collective shift through positive energy and luxury adventure. Kate feels called here in this lifetime to support the awakening of women leaders while helping them achieve even greater outcomes for their purpose, their community, and the planet.
Kate strives for mass global shift through feminine, fluid empowered PLAY. By releasing into childlike joy through adventure and "mermaiding" she opens hearts and minds to a new way of being. She has taught over 1 million people the skills to let go of the synthetic way of life, products, and relationships to return back to the organic and natural. Having led transformational adventures to exotic locations for women from all over the world and different backgrounds, she is consistent in her results. Creating powerful, lasting change in participants and leaving the visited location better than she found it. The Give Back Program is now over a decade old. Under this program Kate has worked along California legislators on the successful plastic bag ban campaign in California, she has sat on the board of Advisors to the Australian Minister of the Environment, worked on plastic pollution campaigns for GreenPeace, San Diego Coastkeeper, Surfrider Foundation, and founded the non-profit organisation Save the Mermaids in 2009.
What do we do?
Our 7 day program will entail gentle introduction to meditation and yoga practice to suit the group. Awakening and deepening our connection to body through movement and breath. In our stillness, allowing space for “spirit” to flow in and guide us to our higher purpose and path.
As we witness the majestic whales, mamas with their babies, incredible joy is experienced. We can channel our immense inspiration and bliss into creative expression of conservation. Our whale and ocean adventure activities are designed to enhance and inspire our personal and spiritual growth. We discover marine life, sail with the wind as our fuel, yoga with the sand between our toes, healthy nourishment, warming sunshine, and fresh August air. Plus the occasional walk or hike to keep us grounded on this adventure of a lifetime.
Be a part of a committed group of women to support each other to our most vibrant experience of health, our greatest experiences of joy, and to live our most impactful life yet. There are very limited spots available. We do this to foster greater connection in the group and support the journey of each individual.
We will be playing in the ocean and in nature, to connect to our childlike selves, finding immense joy, wonder, and awe as we explore and discover. Fostering deep gratitude, which is the foundation of our transformation.
Discover leadership skills from environmental activists and politicians, and soak in local wisdom with an indigenous community. Awaken your higher self and your greater purpose through daily yoga and meditation to strengthen and heal mind, body and spirit. Honour the divine feminine within us through ritual and ceremony.
What will I get from this program?
- A breakthrough experience that redefines your understanding of who and what you truly are.
- A taste of the Divine Goddess within—a soft, light, and fluid magic state—that redefines your understanding of who you are and the tools to come back to this state in “daily life.”
- A redefinition of the life, this world, and your place in it.
- An understanding and training in your body, a release of the mental constraints, balancing of emotional body, and relaxing into unity consciousness.
- Empowerment in your higher self, greater purpose, and lasting vision.
- An appreciation of the true interconnectedness and joy of life.
What will I experience?
- Daily yoga and awareness exercises to honour and awaken the body.
- Vegan Ayurvedic Food to support your health.
- Adventure activities to explore the exotic location and experience the natural beauty firsthand.
- Practicing naturalist skills and learning recipes for personal enrichment of life.
- Practice creating high level “Give Back” campaigns to encourage conservation in your community and circles.
- Support through sisterhood and ritual during your physical and psychic blossoming.
What types of mermaids should join?
- Women who are courageous enough to re-define who they are in the world, through feminine, positive, and fluid leadership.
- Women seeking to find and harness the magic within, explore how to keep it flowing, and direct it towards something of importance.
- Women who have an open mind and are curious about finding their edge in life and going outside of their comfort zone to discover themselves.
- Women who want to explore their passions and purpose, practice using their VOICE, and inspire change through their unique message.
- Women ready to adventure in exotic locations and form sisterhoods with incredible women.
- Women ready to explore natural solutions—including beauty, youthfulness, increased energy, vibrancy, and optimal physical health.
Who is it not for?
- People who do not want to grow or be challenged.
- People not open to travel, adventure, cultural differences, and the special moments or challenges that can occur within each of those.
- Those not ready to join a group experience and let go of boundaries.
- Women who belittle others, judge or place themselves above others.
What kind of challenges do I support people in working on?
Anxiety and Overwhelm Relief
- Confidence & Empowerment
- New Zest for life
- Community Cultivation & Leadership
- Reconnect to the Elements
- Increase Joy & Connect to childlike wonder
- Clarity of Purpose
- Overcoming Fear, Doubt, & Self-limitations