Online Course - RISE TO THE CALL
Online Course - RISE TO THE CALL
The worlds needs us all to Rise!
To hear the call from Mother Earth to Rise, to step up and protect the very thing that keeps us alive. Become part of the movement that is defining our future . . . Rise to The Call!
Join the movement and journey on this powerful month-long immersion supporting people around the world to step into their full selves and respond in their unique and authentic way to the crisis facing humankind.
Karina and Kate are two people who deeply acknowledge what is happening in the world today with increasing challenges of climate change, deforestation, sixth mass extinction, plastic pollution and social and political unrest. We do not look away but ground into the Earth and rise to offer what we can in the healing of the world. We are passionate about supporting more people be part of the solution and we believe that everyone has a role to play. The worlds needs us all to Rise. To hear the call from Mother Earth to to step up and protect the very thing that keeps us alive.
This course incorporates wisdom drawn from social work, deep ecology, ‘The Work That Reconnects’, activism and the in-depth experience share between from Kate and Karina of their combined 25+ years involved in the environmental movement. This course facilitates you to reconnect with the Earth as self and to uncover your unique offering to the world. This course will help you to move forward with purpose and direction and become the change maker the world needs you to be.
Your investment in creating a better world includes the following:
• 4 weeks of guided activities, meditations and exercises that will teach you how to rise to the call and find your unique role
• Weekly video introduction on the topic of the week from Kate and Karina
• Weekly webinar and online group call and discussion with Kate Nelson and Karina Donkers (75 minutes) Wednesday 5:30-6:45pm Sydney Time
• Weekly inspirational stories from the movement
• Weekly recipes to help you work towards a plastic free life style
• Weekly tips on how to reduce your impact
• Support and encouragement from an amazing online private Facebook group. Connect with like-minded people where you can ask and answer questions, share your story and find tons of encouragement.
• Downloadable worksheets and written exercises
• Meditations, visualisations and journaling exercises to connect further with the learnings of the week
This course is for you if you are
experiencing discomfort, frustration, and anger from social and environmental injustices
feeling called to action, be a part of the solutions, and inspire great change
wanting to learn the tools to be an environmental activist
calling in the new way: less EGO centric, more ECO centric
interested in methods to connect back to nature through ritual and meditation
The course is 4 weeks long starting June 12 2019. We will have weekly webinars via Zoom. TIMES and DATES: June 12, June 19, June 26, July 3 2019 Wednesdays 5:30 pm Sydney time / Tuesdays 10:30 pm Los Angeles Time (if this does not work for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org AND email@example.com to let us know and we can help find a solution)
You will complete the course as a Fully Capable Change Maker with
Tools to campaign, organise, & inspire change
An understanding of Deep Ecology concepts, Joanna Macy’s Work That Reconnects, and basic principals for applying this within your life
Clear on skills and talents that you have to offer
Grounded confidence as a leader
A deep connection to the natural world
WHAT IS IN THE COURSE:
Module One- ‘Self’ in rising
This week grounds you in what is happening in the world today and enables you to explore yourself within this context. This module helps you to uncover the gifts and insights that already live within you. It explores the larger story of life and uncovers the role that you are currently playing so to help you write the role you wish to be playing. This module facilitates you to come home to yourself so you can come home to the world. This module will touch on the following:
• Who are you?
• What is happening in the world today Three stories of our time.
Business as Usual.
The Great Unravelling.
The Great Turning
• Your own narrative and stories
• Unique strengths and skills you have to offer
• What is means to be an everyday activist.
• How to deal with self-doubt and how to transform fear
• The importance of boundaries, for you and the Earth- healthy you, healthy world
• The importance of being seen and stepping up
• Introduction into your ecological self
• Self Care- why and how to
Module Two- ‘Nature’ in rising
The more than human world, or more commonly referred to as nature, has so much to offer us. It is our home, our life source and our very being. This module grounds us in the interconnected all living things and the inspires us to move forward with purpose. Throughout this module we will explore:
• The importance and role of gratitude
• Nature as teacher
• Connecting into the web of life
• Redefining our sense of belonging and our definition of home
• Explore the mystery of what it means to be human and animal
• How do we act on behalf of our larger body- our ecological self
• How to nurture and grow your connection with nature
• An introduction into deep time- the gifts and knowledge of Ancestors & Future Generations
• How to find the sacred in everyday life
Module Three - ‘Community’ in rising
Community is where we live our life, it is our grounding and connection to others. It is also where we can have the most impact. This module will explore the following:
• Your relationship with community
• Joanna Macy’s widening circles
• How to build a community for your cause
• What being a leader within your community can look like
• How to deal with the apathy of others
• Voting with your dollar, choices and energy in your community
• How to inspire change in others
• Importance of diversity
• Power of people
Module Four- The ‘World’ in rising
This module explores what type of world we want to create and live in. This week starts the conversation of where to from here, focusing on actions and how we can rise to the call Helping you rise to the call through-
• Visioning the world we want to see
• Identifying how and where to begin
• How to become a change maker
• Become a bright light in the world for others
• How the impact of your work ripples out in the world
• Grounding in a commitment to ourselves, others and the world
• Building practical tools
Building a team and allies
Strategy and Goals
Creativity and its role in the movement
From January 2019, this course price is non-refundable. We want to have the list of participants locked in. If you are unable to attend due to personal reasons, you can apply this credit towards another I Quit Plastics or Plastic Free Mermaid events or programs.