What’s in my toiletries bag?
Little glass jars, metal tools, wooden brushes, & a few plastics.
My beauty routine is simple.
- Body brush my skin Stass & Co
- Oil my skin. Nothing but all the oils for the skin, this I learned in my studies of Ayurveda.
- Sesame oil in winter, coconut oil in summer.
- For face I alternate rose hip oil & once a week hemp oil. These bottles are great to reuse & create gifts of dreamy herb infused oils for friends.
- For antiseptic & pimples I carry tea tree oil (this bottle has lasted me almost 5 years because a little goes a long way).
- Pictured is my moon cup in its little pouch, one of my favourite ways to prevent single use plastic waste (no bleached tampons, no plastic pads).
- I also love my safety razor (buy online or from a local barber supplies shop, mine has extra long handle).
- My bamboo toothbrush (this one has PLA or plant based bristles, I was trying it out with excitement; unfortunately it lasts only a week before the bristles flatten outward
- Floss by Noosa Basics
- Sun cream recipe here
- In the little plastic containers are my homemade toothpaste & deodorant. Deodorant recipe here
- These little cases are from the airport incident when my ocean sample from the Great Pacific Trash Gyre was almost confiscated by airport security when flying to Asia Dive Expo ! They gave me small little travel plastics to split the sample into so it was travel size! Imagine my ethical dilemma! So now I reuse these containers. Don’t know what else to do with them, since I doubt they would get recycled.
- The dark jar is an Ayurvedic concoction to support digestion.
- I have my shampoo soap bar by Dulse & Rugosa.
- my absolute favourite all natural perfume, Leila Lou Byronsiejane
This is my travel kit!